So good but crazy easy! You can also make this with tuna, grilling to the point of doneness you prefer– I still prefer salmon.
1 tsp. wasabi powder
1 tsp. water
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 clove garlic (crushed) or sprinkle of garlic powder (if you’re lazy like me)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. wasabi powder (more if you like)
2-3 salmon steaks or fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1. In a bowl mix wasabi and water to make a paste. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Stir in vinegar, mayonnaise, and garlic. Set aside.
3. Prepare grill with medium-hot coals (or the corresponding gas setting).
4. In a gallon baggie or bowl, mix the soy sauce, oil, and wasabi powder. Slide salmon into bag and massage to coat. Let sit for about 10 minutes, marinating.
5. Place each piece of fish in a foil pouch and drizzle with remaining marinade.
6. Grill until flesh is barely opaque and begins to flake with a fork. (I think this is about 10 minutes or so for us)